Are you getting enough sleep at night? We are all guilty of falling asleep on our phones or stimulating our brains with television late at night. Here are a few tips to get more restful sleep.
- Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up
time, even on the weekends.
- Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual such as a breathing exercise
or a yoga sequence.
- If you have trouble sleeping, avoid taking naps,
especially in the afternoon.
- Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillow.
- Evaluate your room. Be sure that your room temperature
is between 60 and 67 degrees. Your bedroom should also be free
from any noise that can disturb your sleep.
- Finally, your bedroom should be free from any light.
Check your room for noises or other distractions.
Most importantly, exercise regularly!!!